- Top-Fuel Drag Racing Star Leah Pritchett on Winning
- An Interview With The Great Don Schumacher
- Don Schumacher Describes His Racing Team
- IndyCar’s Pippa Mann On Breast Cancer And Racing Macho Men
- IndyCar Team Target Chip Ganassi’s Secret Weapon: Mike Hull
- Chip Ganassi’s Philosophy Key To Dixon’s 2015 IndyCar Championship
- Scott Dixon Ecstatic And Mournful As Newly Crowned IndyCar Champ
- IndyCar Rookie Sensation Sage Karam After Fatal Pocono Crash
- IndyCar Legend Rick Mears Before Sonoma Championship Shoot-Out: Be Patient
- IndyCar Immersion Program: My 190-MPH Wild Ride With Mario Andretti
- Verizon IndyCar Racer Justin Wilson Dies Of Head Injuries From Pocono 500 Race Sunday
About Vanessa O’Brien
Vanessa O’Brien is a British mountaineer and an American mountaineer (as a result of her dual nationality), explorer, aquanaut, astronaut, author, and public speaker.
Vanessa has an incredible six Guinness World Records: First x 2, Fastest, Deepest, Farthest and Oldest. Vanessa is the first woman to reach extremes on land, sea, and air (the Explorers' Extreme Trifecta) following her mission on Blue Origin's NS-22 to 107km. Vanessa was the first woman to reach earth’s highest (Mt. Everest 8,848m) and lowest points (Challenger Deep 10,925m), the fastest woman to climb the seven summits in 295 days, and the first person to reach nearest to and farthest from the earth's core (Challenger Deep and the summit of Chimborazo.) Vanessa is the first woman to complete the Four Poles Challenge, going the farthest north * south * east * west from the top of Everest to the bottom of Challenger Deep to skiing the last degree to the geographic north and south poles. She holds the record for the oldest woman to summit K2, the second tallest peak, at 52 years old.
Vanessa became the first American or British woman to successfully summit K2, receiving Explorer of the Year by the Scientific Exploration Society (SES) in 2018. She is a Fellow of the Royal Geographic Society and an Honorary Advisory Board member of the SES.
Vanessa summitted the highest peak on every continent, receiving a Guinness World Record for the fastest time a woman first achieved this goal (295 days.) Vanessa has skied the last 111 km to the north and south poles completing the Explorers Grand Slam in 11 months, the first woman to do so in under a year, and the 8th woman in the world. Vanessa ran the Boston Marathon in 2017, helping to raise money for the American Red Cross, has been shot testing bulletproof vests with a .38 long revolver at point blank range, and rode 200 mph with Mario Andretti at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Perfect picture, too! 😉
British High Commissioner, Dr Christian Turner CMG, to leave Pakistan
The British Foreign Secretary, The Rt. Hon. James Cleverly MP, has announced the appointment of Dr Christian Turner …
Logs on the ground, logs in the air… what’s a girl to do? #getoutside #explore #riverside #parks #NoExcuses #play
Oh yes we did 👏🥳🙏#whowantstobeamillionaire #games #knowledge #trivia